Because your privacy is important to us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) governs all businesses in the UK. This is European regulation to ensure individuals privacy and rights when data has been collated about them. The key pillars of GDPR are as follows;
- Individuals privacy is respected and process and systems uphold this by design.
- Right for the individual to request all data about them is deleted.
- Right to move the data from one data controller to another.
- Individual has control over their own data and how this data may be used.
- Transparency for data handlers, if a breach occurs then the data protection authority and the individuals affected within 72 hours of breach discovery.
- Severe non-compliance fines for businesses who do not adhere to the Regulation.
What are we doing about this?
A full GDPR audit has been carried out at RPM with resulting actions being completed;
- Key compliance policies updated and shared with the team.
- GDPR and IT Security processes implemented and full training provided company-wide.
- Features implemented into our internal CRM to allow for easy extraction of individuals data in the event of a Subject Access Request and subsequent removal if applicable.
Our marketing emails are only sent out to people who have opted in to receive them, or to our existing customer base if it concerns a product or service which may affect them directly.
Our Support & Customer Policy includes important information about our support desk, what details we require from our customers when raising support tickets and how this information is then used within our support teams and third parties.
To keep customers up-to-date with their support queries or issues, RPM will get in touch either by our ticket updating system or by telephone. It’s important to note that these details are only used and stored for the purpose of the support query and we’ll never pass on for any other purpose.
Security is integral to every area of RPM and how we operate. We have systems in place to protect personal data at each point, from the networks controlling voice and data traffic to the physical hardware we install on premise. Whether it is the locked-down routers we provide, password protected and encrypted portals or our call guard fraud protection, data security is key to delivering a resilient and protected service.
We also have policies around our storage of customer details and the steps we take to protect this.